February 26, 2021
Trauma Responses in Sex & Relationships
- How are trauma and liberation linked?
- How does trauma show up in the body? And how can you begin to heal?
- How does trauma play out in sex and relationships?
- How can you support a partner who has experienced sexual trauma?
- How do you talk to a new partner if you’re a survivor of sexual assault?
- How can therapists improve the way they support clients and what can clients ask of therapists to improve their experience in therapy?
Therapist Rafaella Smith-Fiallo of Healing Exchange & Afrosexology joins us to share her perspective, expertise and advice. She explores pleasure politics, liberation psychology, social justice, and embodiment as approaches and tools for healing.
Follow Rafaella on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Based on the discussion in this podcast, check out the latest events from Afrosexology here. Click here to learn more about Healing for Bibliophiles.
Also, consider the You For You Retreat in October 2021, I hope to see you there!
Please see here for a rough version of this transcript.