December 4, 2020
Technoference: How to Talk About Tech & Ditch Bad Habits
Do you talk about the role technology plays in your relationships — for better or worse? This week, we discuss some of the ways in which technology interferes with connection and explore an important conversation all couples (and singles!) can use to minimize technoference. We also discuss anxiety related to tech and the pandemic, share strategies to change the way we use technology, and answer a listener question about how to respond to a sticky situation with a new beau.
Consider these prompts to start this important conversation:
1. How do you feel the use of tech devices affects your relationship? Be specific.
2. How do you feel about electronics in the bedroom or at the table (or elsewhere)?
3. How often do you want to be connected/disconnected?
4. Why are you drawn to your phone/device?
5. Would you like to reduce your use of technology when you’re together? If so, why?
6. How do you feel when your partner is on their phone in different scenarios/environments (e.g. in bed, at the table, while watching TV, in the car etc.)?
7. What commitments can you make to minimize technoference?
8. How can you use technology to enhance your relationship?
We are extending our Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales on our Happier Couples video courses! Use code PODCAST at checkout to save 40% on Mind Blowing Oral: Penis Edition & Mind Blowing Oral: Clit Edition. Use code FRIEND to save 25% on Mindful Sex and Last Longer in Bed: 6 Steps to Master Premature Ejaculation. These savings won’t last, so take advantage today!
This podcast has been sponsored by Let’sGetChecked. Use code DRJESS to save at checkout!