January 10, 2020
Specific Strategies for Talking to Teens About Sex, Sexting & More
Author and sex education expert, Dr. Karen Rayne is a wealth of information and has developed specific and actionable strategies to help you talk to your kids and teens about sex and other difficult topics. In this episode, Karen and Jess discuss:
- How to talk to teens about breakups, sex, sexting, risk-taking
- The “one question” rule to revolutionize conversations about sex
- Specific “rules” for talking to teens
- 10 steps to break the “hush factor” when it comes to sex
- The benefits of considering yourself a “contractor” when it comes to your teen
- How to ensure that your child/teen feel supported and come to you during times of need, distress and crisis
- Sexting – essential rules, approaches and considerations
- How to stay cool when your teen is riling you up
- Considerations related to how much space and autonomy to give your teen
As Dr. Karen referenced “The Hush Factor” in today’s podcast, please see this explanatory graphic below. Follow Dr. Karen on Instagram.
This podcast is brought to you by Desire Resorts.