July 9, 2018
Questions to Deepen the Bond With Your Partner
Dying to know what your partner’s deepest, darkest fantasies are? All you have to do is ask! In the initial stages of dating, we tend to ask the obvious questions to get a better sense of the dater. But why not take a chance and ask those unexpected questions? You never know what kind of answers you’re going to get or where the conversation can lead to. Check out a few sample questions below.
The former facilitates the sharing of new information, which has the potential to reignite the passion chemicals and feelings you experienced when you first met. On early dates, you were constantly learning, sharing and discovering new things about your partner — the associated anticipation, curiosity, and excitement helped to ignite dopamine, serotonin, and adrenaline, which contributed to feelings of passionate love and interest. You can recreate these feelings with questions like:
- What is one thing about your high school years that you’ve never shared with anyone?
- Who was your role model growing up?
- Describe your perfect week.
- If you could change one day in your life, which day would it be?
- Tell me about your first kiss.
Questions that require you to be vulnerable increase intimacy by stripping back the layers that make us seem strong, confident and “perfect”; vulnerability is essential to intimacy because it’s a natural state. We are all vulnerable and when we show it, we show our most authentic selves.
- Some questions in this category might include:
- What is your greatest fear?
- What do you really believe happens when we die?
- Who are you most jealous of?