June 7, 2017
5 Toys To Revolutionize Your Sex Life!
When I first started working in the field of human sexuality, most of the toys on offer came in the form of exaggerated phalluses and animal-inspired vibes made of jelly. Fast forward to today and I’m thrilled to report that the adult toy industry has come along way. The variety and quality of products has vastly improved and many companies are investing heavily in research and development to ensure that their toys reflect the needs of their customers.
There are thousands of toys, props and accoutrements on the market, but these are five that have revolutionized my sex life and those of my very happy clients:
I received the following products (and others) from Adam & Eve as part of a sponsored campaign. My review and opinions, however, are my own and only endorse products that I genuinely love.
If you’re interested in trying out any of these products or others from Adam & Eve, use my promo code “JESS” to save 50% OFF any one item and receive free shipping in the US & Canada. Certain exclusions apply. 100% money back guarantee. 24/7 customer service. 90 day no-hassle returns/exchanges.
1. The We-Vibe Wish
I’ve been a fan of We-Vibe toys for many years. The Touch has been this girl’s best friend for quite some time, so when the app-enabled Wish came along, I was a bit skeptical about whether it could compare…
One quick romp with this pretty blue powerhouse, however, and I was convinced! Not only does theWish feature the most unique silky texture, but the shape is perfect for external rubbing. And since I’m away from home (and my partner) for 200+ days per year, the app comes in very handy. Whether I’m in San Diego or Shanghai, my partner can help control the speed, intensity and vibrations from his phone while we video chat via the We-Connect app. Thank goodness for the digital age!If you’re trying the Wish for the first time, here are a few tips for enhanced pleasure:
- Press it gently against your pubic mound on a low speed to let the reverberations spread to the hood and inner shaft of the clitoris.
- Use the soft, silky tip against the head (or hood) of your clitoris with a little bit of water-based lube.
- Lie on top of the Wish during rear-entry intercourse so you have something powerful and silky to grind against.
- Create your own custom vibrational pattern and “gift” it to your lover; you can set the vibrations to match their favourite song or play with undulating intensities to create a series of peaks and valleys.
* This product is not eligible for discount, but you can receive free shipping.
3. Astroglide Sensitive Skin Gel
You know how much I love lube! Sex is simply hotter with the addition of this sexy, slippery stuff and if you have reactive skin, Astroglide’s Sensitive Skin Gel may be just what the doctor ordered.
Try these sexy ways to apply lube to your lover:
- Apply to your palm and then squeeze your hand in a fist allowing the lube to drip sensually over their most sensitive spots.
- Blindfold them and use a soft-bristled makeup brush to create a sensational experience.
- Roll a few drops over your lips and use your mouth as your applicator.
- Apply with your fingertips and then breathe warm air over the wet spots.
4. Ben Wa Balls
These nifty devices have seen a resurgence of popularity since the release of the Fifty Shades trilogy and I really love the Scarlet Couture Glass Duo Balls.
You can use them to perform Kegel exercises as prescribed by your pelvic floor physiotherapist and they can be used for enhancing pleasure, arousal, and orgasm. One of my clients recently discovered the joys of inserting these glass balls (she removes them from the silicone harness) during oral sex and she sent me this note:
“I’ve never felt anything like it. At first the balls were cool and tingly and then when his fingers joined in, it created a vacuum of warmth that spread over my body. I’ve never really liked oral, but now that it feels so good, I feel more confident being on the receiving end.”
Penis rings are a simple way to make sex more exciting, stimulating and intense. They can be positioned in a variety of manners to stimulate various body parts: the balls, the shaft, the head of the clitoris, the fourchette (where the labia meet at the bottom) and the inner bulbs of the clitoris.
The stretchy Versa Tingler Ring is made of silky silicone and the vibrating bullet can be removed should you choose to use it on other erogenous zones. Its 45 stimulator nubs are designed for clitoral contact, but as you experiment with a range of positions (e.g. doggie, reverse cowgirl, standing), you’ll find dozens of new pathways to pleasure!
Sex tips & toys to revolutionize your sex life! I’m partnering w/ Adam & Eve to bring you 50% OFF + free shipping on my fave toys (use promo code ‘JESS’). Tune in for laughs, tips & tricks. <3Posted by Dr. Jess Sexologist on Tuesday, June 6, 2017